Sunday, August 21, 2011

Saturday in the Park - 8/20/11

This here's a picture of a house you can see from a park. Karly and I went walking and came across this.

Here is my thought process:

  • How in the world does that person mow their lawn!? 
  • What if they just stepped a little too far? They would surely plummet to their death!
  • There ain't no way I'd walk anywhere around that! 
  • What if they had children? 
  • "Hey ma, we're gonna go play tag in the backyard."
  • Next thing you know one of them runs in to tell ma that little jimmy was running too fast and couldn't stop soon enough....

Oh, and I also thought, if you are going to live where people can see your house from miles away...at least make it a pretty house. geez.


Now to tell you about Mallory and I's adventure that took place not this weekend but last.
The plan was to drive to Nashville, spend the afternoon walking around downtown, and then drive about 45 minutes out to go to our friend Lindsey Jo's baby shower. Afterwards, we were going to stay the night at Mallory's brothers apartment.

Here's how it actually went:
Mallory and I left around 11:30 that Saturday. We stop at Chic-fil-a and realized that we had left the baby shower invitation at home. Mallory said she was pretty sure that the baby shower was at 6 or 6:30. Once we get into Nashville, we decided to go on and text Lindsey Jo and make sure we knew what time the baby shower started. Lindsey Jo said it started at 2:00. 

It was 1:50. Oops. I frantically jump into the back of Mallory's SUV and wrap the presents with wedding gift bags because we didn't buy any baby shower ones. Then we realize that we don't have the address to the baby shower. I text Lindsey Jo again and thanks to the wonderful iphone technology I am able to get directions to the shower. Mallory gets us there in 20 minutes. (It takes 45 minutes when you are driving like a sane person)

Mallory was still dressed in a t-shirt and shorts, no makeup, and hair not done. When we got there she got ready in the back of her car. I don't know how that girl did it but she got out of the car looking like she had just spent the last hour getting ready. Bravo Mallory, I would not have looked like that if I only had five minutes!

Mallory, Lindsey Jo, and I
After the baby shower was over, Lindsey Jo and Bryant invited us to come see their house and Isaac Henry's room-to-be. We put the baby shower cake in our car because they didn't have room in theirs. Isaac Henry's room was so cute! So was the rest of the house, of course, that Lindsey Jo is one creative girl!

Mallory's brother said that he had tickets to a Titans game and wanted to know if we wanted them. I have never been to a NFL game so we were all for it. We left Lindsey Jo's house and headed to Kinko's to print off the tickets. About 20 minutes out we get a call from Lindsey Jo.

We still had the cake in our car.

Bryant came and got the cake from us and we were back on the road. Then we hit the traffic. We barely moved. Fortunately, we finally got to the Kinkos. We get to the computer and it won't accept any form of debit or credit card. (you have to pay to use the internet...seriously?) An employee gets it to work after 5 minutes of us trying and we log on to accept the tickets.

We had to accept them at 6:50.

It was 7:20.

You have got to be kidding me. This day just wasn't going quite like we had planned for it to. We leave and pull up to the gas station.

Out of order.

We get to Mallory's brothers apartment. He tells us his roommate is out for the night and that she said we were welcome to sleep in her bed. I felt kind of weird sleeping in some rando's bed...but Mallory knew her and I was exhausted so I didn't mind. Around 2 am we go to sleep.

4:30 am. The door opens and the light turns on. I jump up. I have my retainer in and my pj's on. I look like a goof. The girl wasn't out after all, in fact she sat on the bed and began having a conversation with Mallory about her married life. Are you serious? It's 4 freaking 30. She turns to me and I say with a lovely lisp that we will go sleep on the couch in the living room. She says no that we can all just squeeze into the bed...AWKWARD.

We decide to pass. We go in the living room and one of her friend's is sleeping on the couch. So where did we end up sleeping for the next 4 hours? I slept in a recliner. Mallory slept on the floor. We each used a jacket as our blanket...

1 comment:

  1. ...and yet somehow I surely think this will have been the most memorable and fun roadtrip we ever take. I couldn't have done it without you!

    ReplyDelete